Services provided and our approach
Can we help you?
Robert Tearle Consulting is a boutique headhunting firm.
If you’re an investor, a business owner or head up a tech or software firm, and wish to make Leadership, Senior Sales or Consulting appointments into high impact roles – then why not start thinking beyond the start date and on outcomes.
It’s not just about hiring, it’s about outcomes.
And we can help you achieve superior ones…
- Our stick stay and succeed record is over 90%, this is more than 50% higher than industry norms which is below 60%.
- Yes, that’s right, the typical industry hiring ratio is that 55% succeed and 45% fail.
- If that’s good enough for you, use the typical approach.
- Otherwise, why not work with us using a different approach, which has seen us headhunt hundreds of successful hires into SaaS and digital vendors.
- Including headhunting scores of GMs/CEOs and Sales Directors/CROs/CGOs who have grown businesses 10 x over.
- Hundreds of high achieving SaaS salespeople, tons of #1 sellers, hundreds of which have made a company first-ever sale, or broken into new markets, or sold new solution types including with market makers.
- One of the candidates we headhunted, won a $200M contract for our client.
Think you know how to hire. Think again.
Most people in a hiring seat have limited experience recruiting, they copy what they have seen other people do but their experience is narrow.
Ours is deep however even we don’t have all the answers…
Which is why working together, in a proper partnership towards elevating hiring outcomes we can help you drive better business results.
A boutique operation! Our approach is tailor-made around you.
We’re what’s known in the recruitment world as a boutique headhunting outfit, more than two-thirds of the candidates we recruit we’ve never spoken with before…
That’s one of the big differences between a headhunting approach and recruitment agents – the latter tend to work from a candidate database heavily populated with people who are unemployed.
Often the best people for our clients’ challenges are heads down and happy, not available on the open jobs market and not open to a move.
Our mandate is all about our clients best interests.
Robert Tearle Consulting is committed to helping you achieve better hiring outcomes. Why not take hiring up a level, why not elevate your approach with us to enable you to make better hires, achieve superior hiring outcomes and take your business to new heights.
It is with small and emerging companies for whom we add the most value.
It’s your people who will make the difference between your success or failure.
Not a global executive search firm to the Top 1,000 Global companies nor a standard recruitment agency, we’re specialists.
You’ll find us friendly, fast-paced, objective and 100% on your side.
Do you need a headhunting approach?
If you’re looking to make a key appointment at a senior level or into a role which is strategic, of a high impact, high-performance nature then with few exceptions, a headhunting approach will be the best one.
A headhunting approach is a committed one, where we are committed to you, and likewise, you’re committed to us.
The opposite being an agency oriented approach, no hire, no fee – you’re not committed to them, and they’re not committed to you.
Our approach is a headhunting based one most people are not familiar with what headhunting is….
‘HEAD-HUNTING’, aka ‘executive search’, is the process of identifying, enticing and securing senior executives into key positions.
And ‘retained executive search’ is where an external search firm is paid an up-front fee to fill a business-critical appointment.
To be ‘head-hunted’ applies only to someone who has been specifically identified for a particular position, approached for that role then hired into the company – unlike an active job seeker applying to a company or being introduced via a staffing firm.
The best talent is rarely available on the jobs market, so head-hunters will be very pro-active in seeking out those high performers who are heads down and happy!
A good search firm will explore the best talent, regardless of whether the person is employed or in between jobs.
Want to know more about our approach to headhunting? Click here.
Retained executive search.
For Leadership and Senior Management hires.
These are your most important hires, where the stakes are at their highest
Typically for positions with a base-salaries £125k and beyond.
A structured pro-active approach
- A situation report (briefing document will be agreed)
- The search will have a clear roadmap
- On a weekly basis, progress reports will be submitted to the client.
- No set upper limit on the research stage (candidate generation)
- In the event of a candidate not working out at any time in the first 6 months, Robert Tearle Consulting will re-open the records and endeavour to find a replacement.
- Fee basis: 30% of the basic salary, paid in 3 instalments; on instruction to commence the search, on submission of the shortlist and on the candidate start date.
For hiring requirements in what we call the Marzipan layer, they’re too senior for a conventional recruitment approach to work well and not senior enough to justify a fully retained search one.
For senior and specialist roles in Sales, Consulting, Project Management and Innovation.
Typically for positions with a base salary up to £125k
A pro-active approach
- Up to 10 days spent on research (candidate generation)*
- In the event of a candidate not working out Robert Tearle Consulting will re-open the records and endeavour to find a replacement or if the client prefers will make a proportionate rebate of the completion fee/guaranteed period 6 months.
- Fee basis: 25% of the basic salary, with a retainer of £6,000.00 and the completion fee (balance on the start date).
Ad hoc introductions
This isn’t a headhunting based approach moreover sometimes we’ll introduce candidates to clients on a success only basis.
And this can be for any level of seniority however normally is at a mid/specialist levels and for roles in Sales & Consulting, for senior exec roles, the best approach will ordinarily be a retained one.
Typically for positions with a base salary up to £100k
A success only arrangement.
- You’re not committed to us, and we’re not committed to you.
- Proportionate rebate/guaranteed period 3 months.
- Fee basis: 20% of the basic salary on a success only basis.
*Where possible (time permitting) and depending on the quality of the relationship with the client we’d look to top up any candidate generation activity on an ad hoc basis.
If you’re making multiple hires simultaneously, we may be able to tailor terms, such services would be subject to a retainer.
We work for the best in tech and digital, sourcing the best in tech and digital.
Contact Robert for more information on our process and to arrange a meeting.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 07843 277 774 | + 44 7843277774